- An Honours degree (or equivalent) in the field of Education or other relevant discipline;
- A minimum of 3 years of Higher Education working experience including initiatives for the development, facilitation, and coordination of hyflex Tutoring programmes in a complex university environment;
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work independently and in teams.
- Willingness to engage in continuing professional and personal learning;
- Excellent facilitation, mentoring, coaching, inter-personal, assessment and communication skills;
- Good report writing and research skills;
Preference will be given to:
- High level of computer literacy and proficiency in software such as the Office365 suite of programmes.
- Candidates with a Masters degree in the field of Education or other relevant discipline
- Additional qualifications in curriculum development (e.g. educational technology, instructional design, computer-integrated education), and proven, advanced knowledge of neuro-education.
- Substantial previous experience in facilitation of blended or hyflex learning interactions in a Higher Education setting.
- Specialised skills in monitoring or formally evaluating projects or initiatives.
For more information on this position, please contact:
- Dr Gerrit Wissing: Gerrit.Wissing@wits.ac.za
How To Apply
Closing Date: 27 November 2020
To apply, please submit a covering letter explicitly addressing your suitability with respect to the key responsibilities of the position together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae with names, addresses, contact numbers and e-mail addresses of 3 referees. Please also attach certified copies of degrees/diplomas.
External applicants are invited to apply, by registering their profile on the Wits i-recruitment platform located at https://irec.wits.ac.za and submitting their application. Internal employees are invited to apply directly on Oracle by following the path: iWits /Self Service application/Apply for a job
The University is committed to employment equity. Preference may be given to appointable applicants from the underrepresented designated groups in terms of the relevant employment equity plans and policies of the University. The University retains the right to verify all information provided by candidates.
Please note that correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidates. The University reserves the right not to make an appointment or to re-advertise.
Amount of Travel
Work At Home