Principal Solutions Architect
Ozow is the future of payment — a world-class easy, automated, and ultra-secure EFT solution that helps customers pay in just a few seconds and merchants can initiate Ozow payments through a variety of payment platforms, such as SMS, eCommerce, eBilling, QR Code and instore Point-of-Sale (POS).
We’re looking for candidates who can inspire us and be inspired by us. Join us on our journey as we become the industry leader that provides the simplest and easiest way to pay. And while we’re on our way to building an inclusive payments market, we’re building an equally inclusive workforce.
More about this Ozow fantastic position
As the Principal Solutions Architect, you will report to the Chief Technology Officer. You need to have strong experience in application development fundamentals and the construction of scalable, secure, and maintainable solutions. You will analyse, design, and oversee new product development and major modifications to existing software to improve the overall efficiencies of product offerings.
As one of Ozow’s esteemed developers, you would be working in an agile environment with a contribution to the product roadmap. You will need to provide technical leadership to a team of developers focused on application development and R&D. The environment is entrepreneurial with a start-up culture, where everyone engages in the product development cycle.
You’ll need to bring your skills to the table so that the team can collectively benefit from your input. To do so, you should have a track record of designing and implementing the best of breed solutions and owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects. You will work cross-organisationally and develop a deep level of expertise in the application domain, and help design and construct solutions to the problems our customers are facing, as well as improve the current solution.
Your roles and responsibilities
- Providing lasting technical guidance to the development team and the product owner on how pieces will fit together.
- Providing in-depth analysis of problems and proposes solutions.
- Supporting the business development team to help formulate a strategy to improve and help the adoption of Ozow solutions.
- Guiding customers and development teams to ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services to make best use of our unique products.
- Capturing and sharing best-practice knowledge with the entire business, across technical topics and uses of our products.
- Authoring or otherwise contributing to customer-facing publications such as whitepapers.
- Working with agile coaches and other technical leads to drive architectural changes in current and future projects
- Acting as a technical liaison between customers, engineering teams and the support team.
- Standardising technologies, approaches, and architectures across teams.
- Be the thought leader in technology initiatives, have a good understanding of both technical and business value.
- Be the owner for technical features of the products, such APIs
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor’s in computer science degree, with preference to a masters/PhD
- 10+ years of experience in the software development field, with proven work experience (5+ years) as a Solutions Architect
- Experience working with agile methodologies – a true believer.
- Excellent understanding of the principals of design of API’s, web-based technologies, patterns that enable security, scalability, and resiliency
- Working knowledge of cloud-native architectures and knowledge of modern programming languages is a must
- A proven track record of the design and implementation of future-thinking, ground-breaking projects
Health and safety first
These are unprecedented times and because our people couldn’t be more important to us, health and safety couldn’t be more important to us. We’ve made sure that our office is a safe place to work and we’ll continue to do so, to ensure that we combat the spread of COVID-19.
At Ozow, first and foremost, you’ll get to do meaningful work and grow your career. But we’re also not your average 9-5 company. We work together and play together and because we really care, we offer plenty of perks too.
Some of the things to look forward to
Fitness challenges and healthy eating. Medical and Life insurance plans. Be the hero or toast the hero of the month at first-Friday drinks. Take half a day off from work on your birthday and let us celebrate this special day with you by giving you a little spoil. Your family is our family, they too get spoils and get to join us on special events. Our holistic wellness program will give you access to a toll-free confidential telephonic counseling line which is available in all 11 languages, 365 days a year. We thrive on seeing our team members grow by creating a learning culture and deliberate training programmes. There is so much more where this came from, but enough to get you excited.
If we seem like the kind of forward-thinking, progress-making, energetic company you’ve been waiting for, give us a shout. We’d love to hear from you.