Senior Software Engineer
Ozow is the future of payment — a world-class easy, automated, and ultra-secure EFT solution that helps customers pay in just a few seconds and merchants can initiate Ozow payments through a variety of payment platforms, such as SMS, eCommerce, eBilling, QR Code and instore Point-of-Sale (POS).
We’re looking for candidates who can inspire us and be inspired by us. Join us on our journey as we become the industry leader that provides the simplest and easiest way to pay. And while we’re on our way to building an inclusive payments market, we’re building an equally inclusive workforce.
More about this Ozow fantastic position
Ozow is looking for a Senior Software Engineer, to collaborate with other developers in writing well-designed, testable code. You will be working with a team of passionate technology professionals, developing with modern technologies, and solving tough problems.
Your skills and experience
- At least 7 years of work-related experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
- Must have an IT Diploma or Degree
- Ability to develop software in C# and other programming languages (polyglots preferred)
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies (EF, NHibernate)
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases such as Redis, Riak, MongoDB, and others.
- Experience developing web applications, with a good understanding of how the web works
- Proven experience in high-scale applications and an understanding of the practices and approaches that are employed in scaling applications beneficial.
- Experience with unit testing, knowledge of applying test-driven development beneficial
- Understanding DevOps principals and how to apply them practically beneficial.
- Experience in cloud services preferred – AWS, Azure.
- Experience with containerisation (Docker/Kubernetes) highly beneficial.
- Experience working with agile methodologies – a true believer.
Health and safety first
These are unprecedented times and because our people couldn’t be more important to us, health and safety couldn’t be more important to us. We’ve made sure that our office is a safe place to work and we’ll continue to do so, to ensure that we combat the spread of COVID-19.
At Ozow, first and foremost, you’ll get to do meaningful work and grow your career. But we’re also not your average 9-5 company. We work together and play together and because we really care, we offer plenty of perks too.
Some of the things to look forward to
Fitness challenges and healthy eating. Medical and Life insurance plans. Be the hero or toast the hero of the month at first-Friday drinks. Take half a day off from work on your birthday and let us celebrate this special day with you by giving you a little spoil. Your family is our family, they too get spoils and get to join us on special events. Our holistic wellness program will give you access to a toll-free confidential telephonic counseling line which is available in all 11 languages, 365 days a year. We thrive on seeing our team members grow by creating a learning culture and deliberate training programmes. There is so much more where this came from, but enough to get you excited.
If we seem like the kind of forward-thinking, progress-making, energetic company you’ve been waiting for, give us a shout. We’d love to hear from you.