Technical Support Engineer - Job Description
There’s an exciting new job opening at Ozow for an experienced Technical Support Engineer.
Do you have what it takes? Get in touch today!
Ozow is a young, exciting company that continues to reach new heights and the opportunities for growth are endless. We have a number of new projects we are eager to get off the ground and need your experience and expertise to make it happen.
If you are looking for a fast-paced environment where your input is valued and makes a difference, then embark on a journey of a lifetime with the Ozow team.
Ozow is a simple to use, real-time EFT payment solution, that allows the consumer access to make secure,
instant payments directly into a merchant's bank account. This payment gateway facilitates transactions via eCommerce, mobile, e-Billing and in-store transactions.
What the job entails
The core function of this role is that of a support technician with growth opportunities within the development department.
From a support technician to engineers’ point of view, the staff member’s role is to ensure that customers receive excellent and consistent service to a high standard and handle issues in an efficient and friendly manner. Support staff must make sure that they know the policies and SLAs that are in place and always adhere to them.
In the role of support, staff will report to the head of support and keep themselves accountable for their own actions, representing the company in the best light possible by demonstrating our core values at all times.
Ultimately, we are all accountable to the customer as they use the services we offer.
Many support queries are of a technical nature and therefore Ozow support engineers should have a good understanding of the Ozow system, programming languages, techniques, and concepts used. They would need to assist external developers in their attempts to successfully integrate their respective systems with the Ozow system.
- Research deliver service and support to end-users using and operating automated call distribution phone software, via remote connection or over the Internet;
- Interact with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about products and services;
- Gather customer’s information and determine the issue by evaluating and analysing the symptoms;
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues involving internet connectivity, email clients, IPTV, VOIP and more;
- Research required information using available resources;
- Follow standard processes and procedures;
- Identify and escalate priority issues per Client specifications;
- Redirect problems to the appropriate people;
- Accurately process and record all transactions using a computer and designated tracking software;
- Offer alternative solutions where appropriate with the objective of retaining customers’ and clients’ business;
- Organise ideas and communicate verbal messages appropriate to the audience and situation;
- Follow up and make scheduled call-backs to customers where necessary;
- Stay current with system information, changes, and updates·
- Internal I.T support
- Excellent knowledge of hardware and software
- Excellent communication ethics.
- Proven minimum experience of 3-5 years as a Technical Support Agent Desktop Support, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other technical products
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software such as Zendesk
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to work shifts and standby
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, Computer Science or relevant field
- Additional certification in Microsoft, Linux, Cisco or similar technologies is a plus
The Benefit of joining our 'Ozow Amazing' Team is that you get to experience vibrant growth first hand. Come and be part of this highly energetic, enthusiastic, positive team whose sole focus is on growth, growing personally as individuals, locally and globally as a trendsetter. We are big into a healthy and balanced lifestyle by encouraging healthy diets and activity.
Come and join in the fun with us!