Our Client a Global Tech firm is seeking a Cutover Lead to join their team in Sandton. They offer competitive rates, stability, growth and a great working environment.
Are you looking to be appreciated? Are you tired of being micro-managed? Do you want to have more freedom over your job, not just your work hours? Apply for this Cutover Lead role!
The Cutover Lead will be working closely with the Deployment Project Manager and the Project Horizon Leadership team will execute and drive the pre-cutover, cutover, and post-cutover Go-Live activity. The Cutover Lead will provide the strategy, approach, checklists, and work plan to drive to successful activation of the new system including 3rd Party systems. They will develop a detailed cutover checklist.
- Develops detailed cutover checklist, integrated and consolidated project plan incorporating all Cut-Over activities across Project Scope, including technical, data and operations or business tasks with inputs on Business Activity and project teams, including potential Go-Live scenarios.
- Conduct Workshops on Cut-Over activities with all related project streams and business and collect appropriate cutover steps to be performed and works closely with the workgroups to document the integrated cutover plan for each application
- Ensures proper integration between different streams to form one integrated set of activities for a one integrated cutover plan
- Responsible for detailed project management of the cutover and conversion deliverables to the new system/s, resolving discrepancies or process issues related to cutover
- Responsible for ensuring successful planning and execution of integrated release cutover activities and associated system outages
- Plans the resources, human and physical required for cut-over activities and coordinates requirements for Go Live staffing and overall logistics
- Develops the cutover command centre logistics, communication and escalation plan and command centre documentation (policies, procedures, downtime processes)
- Provides Cutover status reporting to project leadership and key stakeholders
- Ensures entry and exit criteria for each cutover is well articulated, documented and agreed with all stakeholders
- Ensures entry into and exit out of cutover stage gates and audit requirements are met including the final Go/No-Go meetings for each roll-out
- Acts as the final point of escalation for all Cut-over issues, proactively bringing about appropriate interventions when the Cutover/s may be jeopardized
- Leads integrated cutover activities for Pre-Go-Live, Go-Live and Post Go-Live for 6 Cut-Over cycles:
- Mock Cut-Over 1 (Pilot)
- Mock Cut-Over 2 (Pilot)
- Cut-Over Pilot
- Mock Cut-Over 1 (SA)
- Mock Cut-Over 2 (SA)
- Cut-Over SA
- Develop, own and lead a detailed operational/business preparation plan/s for the build-up to cutover and cutover for each business function, taking into consideration customers, vendors, employees, business peak times, downtime the business can handle, how catchup will work etc.
- Leads integrated cutover activities for multiple countries simultaneously, remotely, post SA deployment
- Develops integrated Roll-Back Plan and Strategy and back out / contingency plans for Cutover/s
- Raise Risks and Issues and perform mitigating actions to minimize risk on Business Operations and Technical Cut-Over
- Ensure the security of the IT organisations data, applications and infrastructure against accidental or unauthorised modification, destruction, or disclosure
- Ensure communication of the relevant components of the cutover plans including related dependencies with sub-streams, with all relevant stakeholders
- The above includes but is not limited to, duties to be performed, and can be reviewed as necessary to provide a wider Project Management service
- Project Horizon Deployment needs a strong, experienced, diligent, and focussed Cutover Lead to ensure the success of this important initiative and drive completion of all cutover-related activities as per the approved project plan.
- We need to ensure that the cutover deliverables are driven hard in alignment with the overall project plan with clarity of what needs to be done by when and to what standard.
- Proven Track Record of similar type role on Large scale ERP programs
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to focus and drive deadlines
- Previous MS D365 cutover experience will be an advantage
- Vendor interaction and vendor activity tracking experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work remote and drive active participation and task completion in an online environment
- Ability to work with diverse project teams
- Flexibility on working hours roll-out and cutover phases necessitate some shift-type patterns at times
- Possible travel when restrictions are lifted
- Tenacity and resilience to push through and remain positively focussed when extreme challenges are experienced
- Ability to be firm but approachable with a diverse team of all backgrounds and experts in their own function and lead activities with a positive mindset