The organisation requires the services of a Loss Control Manager in the Chief Financial Officer Division. This will be a 12 months contract position and will be based at Groenkloof National Park, Pretoria.
Interested persons who meet the above criteria should forward their applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of Qualifications and ID. to:
Human Resources Division
SA National Parks
PO Box 787
Fax: 086 295 4078
Applicants in possession of foreign qualifications to submit evaluated results by the South African Qualification Authority.
If you have not been responded to within 21 days of the closing date please accept that your application was not successful.
- Be in possession of Post graduate Degree/ Diploma in Accounting Science/ Risk Management or Auditing
- 8 years’ experience in loss control.
- Knowledge of PFMA/GRAP/IFRS/ Treasury Regulations, CIDB Act/ SIPDM/ PPPFA
- Regulations of 2017 and Irregular Expenditure Framework
- Compliance management skills.
- Communication skills.
- Report writing and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of Internal Control
- Assess the Legislative Frameworks applicable to SANParks in order to identify any irregularity in SCM related transactions that have been processed. Conduct an assessment on the transactions to identify possible irregularities that have been processed and to confirm whether irregular expenditure has been incurred or not
- Must conduct a determination test or analyse particulars of the non – compliance to establish the facts and losses if any related to the transaction
- Develop and strengthen the internal control environment plan
- Must identify, mitigate and manage control risks
- The identification, evaluation of risks within SCM
- inspecting bidding documents for compliance with bid requirements
- Contributes to business plans and objectives.
- Investigate to determine accountability.
- Carry out random audits of operations in other department/end users to check for undisclosed irregular expenditure.
- Formulate loss detection procedures and continuous enforce them.
- Compile and maintain up to date Irregular Expenditure checklist
- Prepare draft reports to National Treasury
- Ensure compliance with all regulations and keeps abreast of any changes of laws and regulations which pertain to curbing of Irregular Expenditure
R 467 139 - R 765 878