This position is responsible for identifying and optimising process performance across the business and facilitate the smooth and effective introduction of changes, including new business areas. To provide leadership and direction for the system development and continuous improvement of the organisation’s systems and processes, coupled with hands-on project management. The role will also be responsible for the organisations reporting and moving organisation towards BI analytics. He / She will also have to:
- Work with leadership in all functional areas to identify long-term strategic and short-term tactical opportunities to create greater efficiencies in processes and systems and resource optimization.
- Is the ‘change agent’ and has leadership role in improvement and/or transformation projects.
- Manage the Data analytics and ensure the business receives all required information to make intelligent decisions based on facts.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop, implement and maintain systems to improve performance and efficiency, reduce errors and improve visibility across the organization.
- Monitor and analyse business processes, workflow and procedures, to improve efficiency, minimise non-value-added time and reduce cost.
- Become the organisation system expert for all IT systems and advise on the correct procedure when ad-hoc queries/issues arise.
- To work closely with the Software Development team when identifying system issues, and finding a solution for them.
- Develop functional specifications for the Software Development Team to improve systems or create new systems.
- Drive focus on standardised processes, systems and tools to reduce process variation, which will lead to improved business efficiency.
- Build solutions from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on experience and contact with customers.
- Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-live plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Analysing potential process and system relationships for the solution.
- Manage and runs ad hoc projects for various departments.
- Assist with the sharing of “best practices” methods and ideas internally and across the company.
- Degree: Undergraduate or graduate coursework in Industrial Engineering and/or System Engineering.
- Must have managed/led a team
- 7 or more years’ experience in business and system improvement.
- Must have experience in Informational System (System Engineering).
- Minimum Level 3 in MS Office – Excel and Visio.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage time effectively, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to take initiative
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Detail-orientated and Quality focused
- Ability to organize effectively and prioritize own workload
- Must able to work accurately, under pressure, in order to meet strict deadlines