Engineering & Technical, Gauteng JHB - Eastern Suburbs
Our client within the mining and engineering space is looking for an experienced Product Manager to join their customer specialities division, based in the east of Johannesburg
Purpose of the role:
- To negotiate with suppliers, bring on new suppliers and products and to sell our products into the market
- Matric / Grade 12.
- BSc in a life science discipline.
- Product Management or Sales Management experience compulsory (raw materials).
- Sales experience within the Homecare and Construction industries will be of benefit.
- Raw Material Purchasing experience compulsory.
- Strong price negotiation skills.
- Must have a sound understanding of pricing structures.
- Must currently be in the chemical industry and calling on customers.
- Must be energetic and attention to detail is important.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following, but not be limited to:
- Managing a portfolio of speciality and commodity raw materials strategically into the Construction and Homecare industries.
- Managing a portfolio of key account customers.
- Managing a portfolio of Technology Partners.
- Price negotiations at senior levels.
- Joint calling with the sales team.
- Promotion of company products and image.
- Key account management.
- New business development.
- Technical presentations at customers on new product launches.
- Industry/market knowledge within the Preservative markets over a number of industries.
- Growing customer base year on year in terms of volume, revenue and margins.
- Strategically adding raw materials to the existing product portfolio.
- Responsible for forecasting and purchasing of raw materials on a monthly basis.
To be considered for this role, please apply directly with a copy of your CV and payslip
If you have not had any feedback after 2 weeks from submitting your CV, please consider your application unsuccessfulAd Visible Until: 29 November 2019 Ref: JHB004491/NM
Vacancy Type: Permanent