Takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Snr Analyst to join our team in Cape Town to complement and play a key role in their accomplished team of Marketing professionals. The business is exceptionally dynamic and fast paced, as the e-commerce environment is ever evolving and significantly growing.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won't be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer
Your responsibilities will include:
Attributes and Experience required:
- Measure and analyse marketing campaigns to understand how marketing channels can better drive, conversion, ROAS as well as customer lifetime value
- Utilise analyses to inform and influence Marketing Team's performance
- Forecasting all Marketing KPIs for budget and planning purposes
- Development of automated reporting and measurements for Marketing channels, capturing the full spectrum of the customer journey from impression to engagement and conversion
- Developing and improving daily & monthly forecasting models.
- Designing appropriate Marketing performance management trackers, reports and dashboards
- Partner with Marketing Team to identify priority analyses to improve results of future marketing campaigns. Advise on how to leverage marketing channels to meet growth targets and Marketing performance objectives.
- Utilise analytics expertise to perform in-depth database analysis to better understand customer behaviour through segmentation and predictive modelling in order to provide a more customer-centric shopping experience.
- Support takealot.com's brand growth and new customer acquisition strategy by leveraging both external and internal information on the market and our customer base (potential and existing) to inform marketing decisions around media channels, offers, messaging, product selection etc.
- Analysis of external market research to obtain insights into Takealots target market – both potential and existing customer needs, perceptions, motivations, expectations, shopping behaviour, budgets and lifestyles. Effective competitor analysis – including key product category analysis.
- Application of strong commercial insight, understanding and acumen in order to interpret, simulate and model customer behaviour.
- Contribute to the development of the marketing analytics capability with a focus on finding creative solutions to analysis, reporting and measurement, including tool customisation
- Provide in-depth analysis and insights to help Marketing Teams understand growth drivers, and collaborate to ensure ongoing data-driven optimisation of initiatives
- Turn business questions into functional analysis – understand the business as well as the data behind the analysis
- Conduct marketing program, business, and trend analysis through the use of predictive statistics, customer profiling, and data analysis.
- Storytelling skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to weave a coherent, compelling narrative around the available data
- Provide ongoing optimisation, growth opportunities, lost-opportunity analysis that the marketing teams can act on to improve metrics and increase performance.
- Work effectively cross departmentally
- Continuously identify new ways of how customer information can enhance business decisions
- Brand Tracking Analysis - Embed processes for measuring brand health among our customers and the market in general in order to inform marketing decisions.
- Marketing data owner (custodian of marketing information and external data required for analysis)
- Develop metrics and strategies to test and enhance performance
- Designs and performs complex, multi-variable analyses by applying appropriate statistical methodologies to determine resolutions that clarify and address operational and business concerns
- Participating in special projects as needed to provide analytical and decision support on new initiatives
- Compiling technical specifications around data analysis requirements for the Marketing team
- Follow industry and emerging best practices in shaping the marketing analytics capability including a focus on data organisation, data quality, documentation, and ongoing process improvement
- Standardised processes, tools and templates to manage the business
- Supporting the business with insights based on available data on an ad hoc basis.
- Knowledge sharing within the Marketing team
- Self-guided learner, self-starter and curious and passionate about data. You immerse yourself in it and are excited to develop and enhance your marketing analytics skills
- Deep experience with data mining, data analytics, predictive modeling, and advanced modeling techniques
- Advanced in Excel, Google Sheets, PowerPoint, SQL, Qlikview and database extraction
- Expert in Google Analytics (certification advantageous)
- Familiarity with the broader digital marketing context including attribution modelling
- Strong analytical skills with solid foundation in statistical techniques and Research Methodology.
- Strong problem solving, prioritisation skills
- Ability to work at appropriate levels of detail across operational, tactical and strategic issues
- Attention to detail in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to align theoretical data science skills with real world business problems.
- Ability to verbalize as well as visualize findings and results.
- Experience with R or mainstream statistics suites (e.g. SPSS)
- An interest in exploiting technology to automate and scale key processes.
- Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude and high energy
- Highly organized and efficient, with an ability to work towards and meet tight deadlines
- Strong business acumen with an understanding of the marketing, accounting, decision support models, operations, and financial levers that drive profit, loss and customer experience.
- Ability to translate business needs and goals into analytic approach and response
- Ability to work independently, productively, proactively and follow through on all responsibilities to bring projects to a successful conclusion.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to collaborate with diverse teams.
- Ability to prioritise responsibilities and multiple projects that will impact the business at various levels
- Experience in retail preferable
- Leadership Competencies
- A bias towards action
- Passion for the brand and customers
- 5+ years analytical or management consulting experience (or working in a similar role), or in the market research industry
- Retail or e-commerce industry experience beneficial
- Relevant post graduate qualifications in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or Commercial field required (MBA advantageous)
- High proficiency in working with large data sets and business models
- Data science exposure in a retail or e-commerce environment is beneficial.
We seek to employ an Extraordinary Mind who:
- Takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of Takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, its all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind, so come and join us!
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.